Wednesday, September 30, 2009

ACA Cross-Country Meet

Our defending state champion cross-country team hosted a 19-school meet this afternoon... the video shows the finish to the girls 5K, with our Whitney Thornburg crossing the line (in 4th place individually) at 19:58 to lead our squad to first place overall!

The latest from "down under":
Hey Daddy...

The experience is still good... but my computer just gave it's last breath. I emailed all my hi tech friends to see what I can do, and one of them didn't even recognize the model. Haha, i guess computers age faster than dogs, and I might as well be working with floppys. :(

I'm on my bosses computer now, which means I'm not completely disconnected, but I did have my first wave of homesickness/ cry about the computer. I mean, I really got my daily encouragement from emails and sigh, yes, even facebook.

So I'm saving up for a netbook. That's sad because I wanted to start saving for a macbook, but the more i look at netbooks, besides the fact that it's painfully sad not to have photoshop and illustrator- my design programs... it really is what i need. It's a stripped down computer that's mainly for internet. So yeah, they run around 500-600$ (!! which is great!!) and so I should have the money by the end of next week. Sorry if I'm not a regular emailer until then. :(

I love you very very much. Looking forward to being back up and running in a couple weeks!
love you
Kara

No comments: