Monday, May 25, 2009

Sunday, May 24th

They asked me to share in my CG this morning about the ministries our mission team of 6 will be involved with June 4-12; then they took up a love offering and handed me $342! God has already covered our personal expenses, so 100% of the money we collect before the trip will go in support of the feeding programs, schools and churches with which we'll be working... Gifts are tax-deductible if check are made out to "Nextplay Sports" and sent to me at 78 Lovers Loop Asheville, NC 28803 (put: "Nicaragua2009" on the memo line)

Weather-wise, June is a good month to be going to Nicaragua... the last months of the dry-season (March through the first rains in May) are miserably hot, dry and dusty. This picture is from the front page of the Managua paper this morning... they got almost 7 inches (174.1 mm) of rain yesterday... I don't think we'll have to worry about "dry & dusty." Hot & humid?... definitely!

No comments: