Monday, January 5, 2009

Sunday, January 4th

You may have noticed, I often go back and edit entries once I have posted them; usually those are grammatical or form "enhancements". Today, I'd like to make a content correction on yesterday's entry. I went back and watched the video of the goal Tim scored a dozen times; I wrote "it wasn't the most exciting of his goals", but now I believe it had an element of greatness in that like all talented goal-scorers, Tim made that tally look easy... he positioned himself blind-side of the defender, timed his break for the ball perfectly, and struck it as well as anyone playing the game today (it goes without saying that the serve from his teammate, Garrett Huntley, was equally "sweet")!

There is nothing ordinary about our new pastor, Bruce Frank (photo). Both Tim and I have been challenged and entertained by the messages God speaks to us through him each week. This morning's text was John 4:20-24; Pastor Bruce exhorted us to be "authentic" and "accurate" in our relationships with God... to worship Him "in spirit and in truth." Live video recordings are available at http://archive.biltmorebaptist.org/bbcsermonvideo.xml

No comments: