Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tuesday, August 5th

I thought I'd start this blog the way I ended our CaringBridge journal... with a picture of the Dogwood Memorial given by the Class of 2008 to honor a couple of parents who went to Heaven during a season in which their sons became State Champions!

The things that Lana Kynast and Rick Hines (and the parents of all their teammates) instilled in their sons caused them to show extraordinary resolve in their quest for a common goal... I believe Lana and Rick clearly accomplished their goal of preparing their sons for the challenges life will throw their way...
The scripture verse the seniors chose for the memorial is Proverbs 12:28, which reads "in the way of righteousness there is life; along that path is immortality."

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Hi Greg,

What a nice way to end one journal and begin another. Zach and I were very moved by the Dogwood Memorial. We will be sending photos to Rick's Mom in Texas. My Dad has already been out to see it as well. It's all quite humbling.

I have been able to observe our similarities in the grieving process through your entries in Caring Bridge. In spite of the differences in their passing, the effect of being left without Lana and Rick is much the same. Thanks for being so transparent. I'll look forward to this new journal if you don't mind that I read along.

Katrina Hines