Monday, August 25, 2008

Sunday, August 24th

“How are you doing?” is more of a greeting than a question in our society… a couple of weeks ago I was jogging on the Parkway and a biker used the phrase going about 30 mph in the opposite direction… I knew he wasn’t expecting a reply.

If you are taking time to read this journal, on the other hand, you are likely interested in more than the local news and weather… I wrestle with just how much to share here, desiring to “take my problems to God and faith to family”.
I wouldn’t want anyone, however, to get the idea that there aren’t moments of deep sorrow, but they are mercifully brief. Lana did a great job preparing us for her departure… I just miss her.

1 comment:

The Tomlinson Family said...

Greg,
That picture is exactly the way I remember Lana. She has a beautiful smile. It makes me smile even now.

You would not be normal if you did not have those moments of deep sorrow. You know that, right?

I love hearing about you and Tim and Kara. Keep up the blogging!

Beverly (Jones)Tomlinson