Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Monday, August 11th

With all the excitement of the first day with our new teachers, I forgot to take a picture... sorry! Lunch seemed to go really well; everyone cleaned their plates and came back for seconds (that was my grandmother's "acid test" of a successful meal).

We held our first meeting with the parents of our soccer players and I was introduced as the "assistant coach"... my last season coaching a high school team was the '92-'93 season for Gainesville High (FL)... 15 years ago! We won our district and regional championships, bowing out in the sectional (state quarterfinal) to perennial powerhouse Tallahassee Leon... I got to "retire" on a win, however, because I was given the privilege of coaching the North team in the Senior All-State Tournament, where we downed the South and West teams for a year of "bragging rights." I am really looking forward to being a part of what promises to be an exciting season for ACA.

No comments: